I joined Matthew in 2012 and I am a Director of Forest Edge Solicitors. I have been a Solicitor since 1994, previously working as Head of Civil and Commercial Litigation at a local Solicitors’ firm in Ringwood. I am a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS). I have dealt with numerous cases many in the High Court involving professional negligence claims, disputes concerning wills, trust and Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants 1975 Act Claims. This can be highly emotive and challenging but really rewarding when I secure the results my clients have wanted.
I have dealt with all varieties of land dispute from beneficiaries arguing over the rights in land under a will, to co-owners falling out with each other to neighbour boundary disputes.
I have successfully concluded numerous personal injury claims over the years with most being resolved via negotiations. My clients have received awards ranging from 3 figures up to 6 figures depending on injuries sustained. I have acted for both children and adults who have been injured as a result of negligent third parties.
Employment Law has been of real interest to me and I enjoy conducting Employment Tribunal hearings for both employers and employees.
I have undertaken various mediations to settle disputes for both individuals and businesses.
Over the years I have been involved in various family proceedings from disputes concerning where children should live and how regularly they should see their other parent. I have acted in relation to matrimonial financial proceedings and claims between co-habitees as to their financial interest in jointly owned property under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
I take a professional cost effective approach in all matters and, when you instruct me, you will know where you stand from the start.
Cost estimates will be provided and both fixed fees and no win no fees are available in suitable cases.
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my family and playing golf and tennis whenever I can.
I am also the Vice President of Bournemouth District Law Society.
- The removal an executor/trustee of a will who was acting in breach of trust and refused to act in the best interests of the beneficiaries.
- Successfully applying to the High Court for a declaration Presumed Death.
- Rectifing a will in the High Court to maximise tax efficiency.
- Bringing an Inheritance Act Claim on behalf of a co-habitee who had lived with her partner but never got round to leaving her anything under a will.
- Acting for beneficiaries under a Will in defending an Inheritance Act Claim brought by an adult child.
- Pursuing a proprietary estoppel claim on behalf of a disappointed beneficiary under a will.
- Pursuing a claim under The Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 when trustees could not agree on how to deal with the land.
- Bringing a professional negligence claim against a conveyancing Solicitor for failing to provide professional advice in respect of the purchase of a property.
- Bringing a professional negligence claim against a Solicitor who failed to prepare a will within a reasonable timescale.
- Successfully negotiating a dispute between landlord and tenant in respect of commercial property.
- Pursuing and defending dilapidations claims in respect of commercial property.
- Successfully concluding a personal injury claim in respect of a child.
- Bringing and successfully concluding a Commercial claim for breach of contract in the specialist Technology Court.